These deliciously soft cookies are surprisingly light thanks to huge amounts of incorporated air trapped by the cream cheese. These are best right out of the oven, where they have just a hint of crispiness that melts in your mouth, but they’re also an excellent choice for parties and cookie swaps.
Start to Eat time: ~2 hours:
- Mise in place: 1 hour for the cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Bake: 30 minutes for 2 batches at 15 minutes per batch
- Rest: None
- 3 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If cream cheese is not at room temperature, wait until it is. Microwaving cream cheese is not a good idea.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, sugar. Beat until extremely fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Let sit for a minute or two to firm up before transferring to a wire rack to cool.